“Fun Fact” Friday — 9/30: Old Spice
You’d be hard pressed to find anyone who hasn’t been exposed to the recent Old Spice campaigns featuring witty statements and making “deodorant, antiperspirant and other man fresheners” fun. Whether it’s online, on TV, YouTube, Twitter or even in retail stores through product packaging and displays, the message of “the Old Spice guy” is spreading his messages of swag and smelling delicious to consumers everywhere.
This week’s featured profile is… Old Spice! (@OldSpice)
The Old Spice campaign is undoubtedly one of the most creative ones that I’ve seen. It appeals to its target audience and then some… The designs are consistent across the different mediums and are eye-catching and fresh, and the language is witty and fun.
Here’s a quick look at some of the social media activity around Old Spice over the past 7 days:
- Over the past 7 days, there have more than 6,350 mentions posted about Old Spice across the social Web.
- The top five influencers by impact on Twitter are @thinkgeek, @designrelated, @MTVIndia, @DeRayDavis and @AskAaronLee based on number of followers (totaling 1,225,931).
- More than 5,671 unique Twitter users mentioned Old Spice in their posts.
- Some of the “Top Mentions” based on shares came from @bestycoastyy, @thinkgeek and @GroovyBruce.
- Twitter conversations were generally positive relative to the brand with about 69% of the mentions expressing positive sentiment, 15% neutral and 16% negative.
- Comparatively, Facebook commenters were even more positive with about 78% of mentions expressing positive sentiment, 11% neutral and 11% negative.
- The most popular Facebook fan pages, based on number of fans are: Old Spice and The Old Spice Guy. The same fan pages (in switched order) are the top two based on number of posts over the past 7 days.
- The most shared videos were: OLD (LICE) SPICE | The Man Your Man Could Look Like and Old Spice – Questions on @YouTube.
- And for good measure, here are some other fun Old Spice-related tweets by @markburchett1, @ZaneCrownover, @jessymae17 and @BrianneHebner.
Tomorrow, it’s October! Can you believe it? Happy Friday 🙂
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.