Fall TV Lineup: Analyzed – New Girl
The fall season brings with it a few important things: back to school, dropping temperatures, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, changing leaf colors and most importantly: fall TV season!
This year, there are a number of new shows starting and some favorites returning. In an ongoing feature we’re kicking off, we’ll share some Viralheat data insights as to how these shows are doing — as they translate onto social media.
The strategically scheduled New Girl on FOX was one of the shows that I’ve been looking forward to since the commercials started airing prior to fall TV season. It airs on Tuesday nights, directly following another favorite show of mine: Glee! I love @therealzooeyd and I love the concept of a fun, quirky girl in a group of awesome guys.
- Over the past 7 days, there have been 9, 947 mentions of “New Girl” across social media.
- It looks like Twitter users have had generally good things to say about it: 76% have expressed positive sentiment, 12% have expressed neutral sentiment and about 12% have expressed negative sentiment.
- Some of the most shared videos across the social Web include:
- NEW GIRL – “Lost and Found” Promo (by FoxBroadcasting)
- Zooey Deschanel Talks ‘New Girl’ Theme Song (by The Hollywood Reporter)
- New Girl Theme Song – Zooey Deschanel (by GuilleGoony)
- NEW GIRL – 10 Things You Don’t Know About Max Greenfield (by FoxBroadcasting)
- NEW GIRL – 10 Things You Don’t Know About Zooey (by FoxBroadcasting)
- The show’s top 5 influencers (by impact) are: @eonline, @TVGuide, @usweekly, @VanityFair and @THR — totaling 4,436,005 followers.
- Some of the top influencers (by volume) include: @wellsbones, @ThePhalange and @zooeydfans.
- Here are some interesting tweets, just for fun:
- @therealzooeyd: Mr Crabs is trending……… @newgirlonfox
- @eonline: FOX has ordered another 11 episodes of @NewGirlonFOX, bringing the series to a 24-episode season order! Are you excited to see more Jess?
- @ChristineTom: @NewGirlonFOX Your chicken dance needs more work! Should study more #ArrestedDevelopment episodes. Another hilarious ep tonight! #newgirl
- @sengajoy: I want to try slow chicken dancing now. Thanks, @NewGirlonFOX. I definitely need to bust those moves out at my brother’s wedding.
- @Nanette: The New Girl isn’t helping me cure my need to make Zooey Deschanel my BFF. #loveher
- @BlueBowGrl: Is it weird to say that I feel like@therealzooeyd stalked me for the last year for inspiration for Jess on@NewGirlonFOX?
About “New Girl — A new comedy series from executive producer and writer Liz Meriwether (“No Strings Attached”), NEW GIRL features a young ensemble cast that takes a fresh look at modern relationships.
After a bad break-up, JESS DAY (Zooey Deschanel) needs a new place to live. An online search leads her to a great loft…and three single guys she’s never met before. But Jess moves in, and through her unique sense of self and the support of her new roommates, she learns to move on.
Have you seen New Girl? Let us know what you think!
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.