“Fun Fact” Friday — 12/9: Movember
Movember ended last week, allowing its participants to finally free their faces from their newly acquired facial hair — to the delight of men (and likely even more women) everywhere. Here’s some information about the campaign via the US Movember site:
During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their Mo’s, these men raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men.
Once registered at www.movember.com, men start Movember 1st clean shaven. For the rest of the month, these selfless and generous men, known as Mo Bros, groom, trim and wax their way into the annals of fine moustachery. Supported by the women in their lives, Mo Sistas, Movember Mo Bros raise funds by seeking out sponsorship for their Mo-growing efforts.
Mo Bros effectively become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November. Through their actions and words they raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health.
This week’s featured profile is… Movember!
- Over 30 days, there have more than 141,385 mentions posted about Movember across the social Web.
- There were more than 98,608 unique authors on Twitter with a total potential impact of 11,968,495 people.
- Most of the conversations were positive, with 62% of mentions on Twitter expressing positive sentiment, 20% neutral and 18% negative… On Facebook, 74% of mentions were positive, 13% were neutral and 13% were negative.
- The top influencers by impact on Twitter include @ABC, @Lord_Sugar and @FashionCanada based on number of followers.
- @viralheat identified 32,438 leads with its Human Intent feature.
- On Twitter, 35% of mentions were RTs and the top day for posting was Tuesday.
Did you participate in Movember, or know someone that did? What do you think of the campaign?
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.