PR Wins, Moves & Other News
Here is our bi-weekly roundup of new talent, account wins and other PR industry news. Find out about your competitors and friends, and share comments and discussion points below.
- Book promoter Planned Television Arts is celebrating 50 years by launching under a new name, Finn Partners MEDIA CONNECT. The book publicity firm is known for placing authors with broadcast media but also focuses on print connections and online media offerings. MEDIA CONNECT employs 20 full-time team members with offices in New York City and Washington, D.C. The firm was acquired by Ruder Finn in 1993. Follow MEDIA CONNECT on Twitter here and Facebook here.
- Ashley Chapman has joined W Hotels Worldwide and Le Méridien as global PR manager. She previously was a senior account executive at PMK•BNK.
- Los Angeles-based boutique PR firm Edge Communications launched a new writing services venture, EdgeWise. This undertaking provides a place for companies to go for outsourced corporate communications content creation. Services are offered on a contractual basis or per project and feature the talent and experience of senior writers and journalists from organizations like HarperCollins and the BBC.
- Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara, Calif., selected HyperDisk Marketing as the agency to expand its brand and elevate its online presence. The hospitality digital marketing firm will redevelop Bacara Resort’s website and develop and implement a plan involving SEO strategy, online advertising, portal linking, PPC, social media, and reputation monitoring. Follow HyperDisk Marketing on Twitter here and Facebook here.
- BLAZE has renewed their partnership with the Marina del Rey Convention and Visitors Bureau as its agency of record. Blaze previously implemented a communications campaign to integrate media relations and social media practices to enhance visibility of Marina del Rey, and will continue these efforts in 2012. Follow Blaze on Twitter here and on Facebook here.
If you have a suggestion or want to appear in PR Wins, Moves & Other News, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-873-6359.
Special thanks to submitters: Brian Feinblum & Rose Maciejewski at Finn Partners MEDIA CONNECT, Ashley Chapman, Ken Greenberg at EdgeWise, Steven Herron at HyperDisk Marketing and Chelsea Hartnett at BLAZE.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.