Five Ways to Spice Up Your Content
The best recipes are those that call for a little spice to jazz up the flavor of the meal. Marketing mixes are no different; they need the addition of a little spice regularly, too. So to give your content more appeal, be sure you’ve added digital content and social media marketing to the mixture.
Not sure where to start? Here are five easy ways to give your digital content and social media a little more flavor:
1. Create A SlideShare Presentation
Looking for an innovative way to share the results of your latest research or survey? Go the multi-media route by creating a SlideShare presentation.
Using images is one of the most powerful ways to make your content stand out. You can make a lasting impression on audiences with your photos, graphics or video.
2. Build A Facebook Business Page
If you’ve shied away from Facebook because you are unsure of the channel’s value to your business, you’re not alone. Many business marketers aren’t quite sure what to make of the social media giant.
Take inspiration from some brands that are engaging with consumers and building a loyal fan base with creative Facebook pages that entice loads of likes:
- Starbucks – Contests, a gift card app and store locators make this page shine
- Intrepid Travel – A small Australian business builds connection with and between customers and offers great games, too.
- Zappos – Can you say engagement? We all want to be the fan-of-the-week winner.
Build your Facebook business page and start giving customers great reasons to like your brand.
3. Use Social Media Marketing To Get Email Subscribers
If you’re already putting content on social media be sure to get more mileage out of those channels by inviting audiences to subscribe to your email marketing.
You can give a sneak peek to your latest newsletter and encourage your followers to check it out via your tweets, Facebook or Google+ updates.
You should also encourage your current subscribers to share your content on their networks. Provide incentives to graft their networks into yours.
4. Get Your Followers Talking
A recent social media marketing infographic from Lithium illustrates that 60% of social media users like a brand so they can connect with other brand fans. Stoke that desire for connection by providing forums, Q&A features and building customer communities.
You can also create an atmosphere of engagement through contests that encourage competition between fans.
5. Create Your Own YouTube Channel
YouTube has made it easier than ever to create your own channel with four new templates. Whether you upload one video or dozens each month, YouTube channels are a great way to connect with those in your audience who are eager to watch your content.
Take some inspiration from these brands that have leveraged YouTube to a whole different social media marketing level:
- Walmart – Yes, the retail giant has its own YouTube channel which makes you want to drop what you’re doing and run to the nearest store thanks to testimonials from money saving moms and other compelling video content.
- Old Spice – The Old Spice Guy rocked the digital marketing realm beginning in 2010 with a series of creative videos. The channel is still going strong with over 250 million views.
- Coke – The soft drink company has a gift for engagement. Visit the channel and watch the “Unlock the Secret” video to try to get access to the vault with the secret recipe.
These brands are having fun with video and collecting a whole lot of devotees at the same time. So can you.
The beauty of digital content and social media marketing is that there are virtually no limitations to what you can do to creatively draw consumers to your brand. Once you’ve got them visiting, use that all-important engagement factor to make them loyal followers.
Need more marketing inspiration? Check out our blog post, Content Marketing Lessons From…The Wicked Witch Of The West?
Image: Kelly Sue (Creative Commons)
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.