May 16, 2012
/ by ckettmann
Did you know that some of the most recent research has shown that there are 4.8 billion mobile users but only 4.3 billion people that own a toothbrush? That means that 600 million more people own mobile phones than toothbrushes! It’s stats like this that often sway a company to dive into the social media market or to justify a large social marketing budget. Need more evidence to bring into your C-Suite? Check out these latest amazing social media statistics.
– There are 250 million photos uploaded daily to Facebook
– The average Facebook user spends roughly 20 minutes per visit
– Facebook users are split in gender: 43% Male vs 57% Female
– There are 2.7 Billion “Likes” every day
– There are over 465 Million Twitter accounts with over 175 million tweets per day (which means only ¼ of those users are truly active!)
– 11 Twitter accounts are created every second
– 65% of users access Twitter through Twitter.com versus a Twitter client or mobile app
– LinkedIn has over 135 Million members with 2 new members joining every second
– 75 of the Fortune 100 Companies use LinkedIn as its corporate hiring solution
– 1 in 6 workers successfully use social networking to get hired
– 60% of LinkedIn members are from outside of the US
– YouTube is the 3rd most visited website with 200 Billion views daily… that’s 10% of Internet traffic
– Over 829,000 videos are uploaded to YouTube every day… that’s 24 hours worth of video uploaded every minute
– 78% of YouTube traffic is from outside of the US
– Instagram reached 1 Million users after being live only 9 months and after only 1 month live in the Apple app store
– Once Instagram was released in the Android Market… it received 1 Million downloads in 1 Day
– In April 2012… Instagram reached 30 Million users after being founded in March 2010
– More than 5 Million photos are uploaded to Instagram everyday
– Launched in March 2010… Pinterest now has nearly 12 Million Unique Monthly Visitors
– 97% of Pinterest’s Facebook Likes are by Women
– Pinterest has a total of 16 employees
– Pinterest generates more referral traffic than LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google+ combined
– 67% of Google+ Users are Male
– The top occupation of Google+ users is: Student
– The Google +1 button is pushed 5 billion times a day
Article researched by Kelly Loubet, a social media consultant. Find Kelly @childhood on Twitter.
*Sources: The Marketing Arm , Infographic Labs , The 60 Second Marketer
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT