July 25, 2012
/ by ckettmann
Setting up and starting a social media account can be fairly simple – add your company’s name, details, and logo and you’re off to a good start. But the next step and likely the most important is creating activity and encouraging engagement on your page. For social media to be successful you need to nurture relationships, be available, and listen to what’s being talked about on social media and the internet as a whole. In other words, social media needs attention and consideration to flourish and provide results. And the idea of “set it and forget it” hasn’t really existed until now.
Viralheat has recently introduced a variety of helpful features that make the nurturing and activity portion of social media a little less time consuming. One feature, that can drastically cut down on time is scheduled posts. You now have the ability to schedule posts in advance to post to Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn from the Viralheat dashboard. So why is this so important?
One, it’s time efficient, you can schedule as many posts as you like in advance. These can be scheduled to post to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn separately or schedule one post to be published to all of those pages. Second, it will keep your audience engaged with your pages. Brands that post consistency tend to have higher engagement and more fans because of their regular content. And third, schedule posts for when your fans are online. Because Viralheat allows you to post by time zone for increased accuracy, you can use this feature to post during the times most of your fans are active online. Sounds great, right? Here are the steps to get your first scheduled post set up in Viralheat:
1. Create an account and add your social media accounts to Viralheat.
2. Click on the Publishing button at the top right of the screen. Select an account or accounts to publish to by typing in the “select account” search field. Enter the text of your post in the “compose a message” space. From here you can also add an image to the post by clicking on the image icon in the bottom left hand corner. Once your post is finished, click the clock icon on the bottom right corner, you’ll now have the option to schedule your post.
3. Use the calendar to choose your date by day, month,year, and time. Then select the time zone to post exactly when you want it. By changing the date and time, you’ll see when the post is scheduled.
4. Once you’ve confirmed everything is as it should be. Click the “Schedule” button to proceed.
5. Visit the Messages tab on the right side navigation to view scheduled posts and edit or delete any in your queue. Here you can also find any previous posts you have posted using Viralheat.
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT