Most Read Press Releases on PRWeb this Summer: 2012
This summer was definitely one for trends. Heat waves, gas prices, the London Olympics and an upcoming election proved to keep us busier than ever. But what were the most read press releases on PRWeb this summer? The answer may surprise you:
1) Free Reverse Cell Phone Lookup Directory Helps Verify Mobile Calls – Who is calling your cell phone? Chances are you get a few random numbers popping up on your screen. This free service helps to verify who the caller is – so you’re not at risk of encountering a scammer when you pick up.
2) Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract Changes Weight Loss Supplement Industry After Scientific Results Exposed by Dr Oz – Summer is prime time for weight loss. This press release probably received so much traffic because it targets the #1 concern of people in the summer combined with an endorsement of this product from nationally recognized Dr. Oz.
3) Cheap One Directon Tickets: One Direction Concert Tickets are Selling Fast for the Band’s Return to North America – Discount Tickets are Available at QueenBeeTickets.com – School’s out, boy bands are in, and “cheap” or “discount” are some of the most searched terms when people are looking for products online.
4) Bad Credit Personal Loans Up to $35,000 Offer Great News for Borrowers – It’s a tough economy especially for those with bad credit. As unfortunate as the amount of people needing to borrow cash right now is, cash lenders are becoming increasingly available and meeting the needs of people struggling financially.
5) Dr. Oz’s Miracle Appetite Suppressant: Satiereal Saffron Extract, but what does Science say about its Saffron for Weight Loss Results – Again, summer weight loss and a celebrity physician endorsement make this release desirable to readers.
6) The Original 100% Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract Capsules with No Fillers & No Binders Available Now at PureHealth100.com & Walmart – I think we’ve just uncovered a trend for some of the most interesting news this summer.
7) Finally released iOS 5.1 Untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S, 4, 3Gs, iPad 2 and New iPad 3 Cydia – What is one of the most talked about products in tech? Well, anything made by Apple, really. For users of Apple products, jailbreaking is a huge market that allows users to transfer their phones to different service providers and completely customize the feel of the software on their phone.
8) The Only Way is Smiffy’s – Behind the Scenes of the Best of British Fancy Dress Costume Photoshoot – A leading retailer of costumes in the UK partners with the beautiful girls of a hit television show in a campaign for fans of the show to dress just like the girls in the sitcom. Brilliant, no? Where’s my credit card…
9) Top 5 Best Running Watches for 2012 Named by Heart Rate Watch Company – Fitness + technology also seems to be a hot topic this summer – finding more efficient ways for health-conscious folks to track their exercise progress has become increasingly popular, especially with the influx of mobile apps available to monitor and plan workouts.
10) Tickets for Justin Bieber Concerts: QueenBeeTickets.com Has Obtained More Justin Bieber Tickets And Is Offering Them To Fans At Some of The Cheapest Prices Available – Anything teen heartthrob Justin Bieber touches basically turns to gold – and in this case, teens have the buying power when asking their parents to buy them summer concert tickets to see the superstar.
What do you think are some of the biggest trends this summer?
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy: 4 Ways Small Businesses Can Join the Content Marketing Revolution
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.