New Free Guide: How to Create Publicity for your Business!
Once upon a time (about six years ago), businesses hired PR specialists and marketing agencies to drum up publicity. Now, thanks to the Internet and social media, your business can cut out the middleman, save thousands of dollars, and create your own publicity to attract customers.
All you need is a story, one or two online tools, and PRWeb’s new, free publicity guide Publish…Promote…Pitch…Publicity! The guide shows you how to turn any piece of news about your business into a publicity hit through online news releases, social media, and media pitching.
You can generate publicity using any one of these three methods, but the integrated approach is most effective. Just because your car can get you to work in first gear, doesn’t mean you stop shifting, right?
Here are a few things our new guide will help you with…
Tips for creating an attention-grabbing news release
- How to get seen on search engines by creating headlines that grab Google’s attention.
- How to catch journalists’ attention by knowing the time of day when they need stories most.
- How to make your story appeal more to readers by using a human angle – a star employee or special customer.
- How to get found by more people by optimizing your story with keywords.
- How to grab readers’ attention by using easy images and video in your story.
- How to encourage readers to share your story and visit your website with a strong ‘call to action’ at the end of the piece.
- How to pitch better by finding out a reporter’s style and focus before you.
- How to engage reporters on social media and build a relationship that leads to more publicity.
- How to make your pitch more compelling to journalists by framing it as a solution to their readers’ problems.
- How to increase your story’s visibility to non-followers on Twitter by using keyword hashtags.
- How to sustain your story’s momentum on Twitter with a few simple tricks to catch more people’s attention.
- How to enlist your personal and professional Facebook networks to help promote your story with shares and Likes.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.