October 24, 2012
/ by Cision Contributor
Are you using social media platforms to augment your PR efforts? If not, consider these PR tips for the two most popular social media sites: Facebook and Twitter:
1) A press release can be tweeted in 140 character snippets on Twitter. Bite-sized segments can entice your audience to click and read more.
2) Twitter can be so much more than 140 characters. Instead of tweeting a title and a link, Tweet a clever picture with a short description and a link. Twitter’s new redesign makes it easier for your followers to see photos you have published in your stream.
3) Reporters and other members of the media are using social media to find story ideas. To find their Twitter handles, try a service like MuckRack to see what they’re tweeting and weigh-in on their conversations.
4) There is a prevalence of fake reviews on sites like Amazon and Yelp!, so consumers are instead turning to Facebook to see what brands their friends recommend – word of mouth on a social media platform is powerful, especially in terms of buying recommendations. Make sure reviews of your brand posted on Facebook are prominently displayed.
5) Repurpose your press release into an informal blog post with plenty of imagery in order to post it to your Facebook and encourage reads.
6) Connect with news outlets in your area from your Facebook brand page to get on their radar.
7) Facebook users have a larger network for more sharing power: 57% of Facebook users have more than 100 friends. If they are in the same niche as your target audience, your posts are more likely to get shared.
8) 74% of people on Facebook use it daily, compared to 35% of those on Twitter – evaluate where your audience is present most and position yourself there.
Press releases, just like any other form of content, need to be promoted socially in order to get maximum visibility and exposure. This got us wondering: Which social channel drives greater brand awareness for businesses? This PRWeb original infographic below explores the topic.
Infographic Update: As of October 2012, Facebook has reached one billion users!
To add this image to your own site or blog, simply copy and paste the code below into your post:
<a href=”http://www.bloggingprweb.com/infographic-facebook-twitter-pr-social-media”><img src=”http://www.bloggingprweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/facebook-vs-twitter-infographic.jpg” alt=”Facebook vs. Twitter: Which Social Media Network Wins the PR Race?” title=”Facebook vs. Twitter – Infographic” width=”1200″ height=”3124″ /></a><br /><small><a href=”http://www.bloggingprweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/facebook-vs-twitter-infographic.jpg”>Click here for the full-sized image</a>.<br />Enjoyed this infographic? Get more <a href=”http://www.bloggingprweb.com/”>small business marketing tips from BloggingPRWeb</a>.</small><br /><br />
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT