PR Wins, Moves and Other News
This is a guest post from Sam George, intern on Cision’s social media team.
Here is our roundup of new talent, account wins and other PR and marketing industry news. Read below to find out about your competitors and friends, and be sure to share comments and discussion points!
- Cookerly Public Relations has named Chris Glazier as senior account executive and Mamie Cargile the agency’s newest account executive. Glazier has a strong background in journalism, and was crucial to the success of the Ready Georgia app, which received more than 17,000, downloads. Cargile has joined the team following an internship with the agency.
- Marmillion & Company has secured new clients in the Tourism Board of Provincetown, Massachusetts, for comprehensive public relations services, and the Texas General Land Office for outreach efforts on a coastal zone management project. Marmillion also heralded the addition of Josh Lohmer and Sheila McCant, who will work in the Denver and Baton Rouge offices, respectively.
- Ketchum promoted SVP Marc Drechsler to global head of financial communications. Based in New York, Drechsler will be responsible for the overall growth. He said “I’m thrilled to take the helm of Ketchum’s growing financial communications team. We’ve done exceptional work this year alone, and I see great potential for more to come throughout our global network.”
- Edelman announced the formal opening of Edelman Turkey, its 66th office. The office, located in Istanbul, was established in April this year as a startup organic operation. The move to Turkey was driven by the increasing focus this from international network clients. The Istanbul location will mirror the offerings of the global Edelman network, fusing public engagement with an array of digital and mobile services.
- Weber Shandwick has announced that Korea digital and social media communications firm, SocialLink, has agreed to merge its business into the Weber Shandwick Korea. Effective Nov. 1, the move will expand Weber Shanwick’s existing Korean staff by about 50 percent.
- Mach Media has expanded its global communications consulting and content strategy network with the opening of its US office in New York state. The new office will be led by Cameron Heffernan, a PR industry veteran with more than 15 years experience. Mach Media is a division of Across Group and its other offices are based in Belgium.
If you have content for PR Wins, Moves & Other News, e-mail prwins.us (at) cision.com.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.