PR & Marketing Wins, Moves and Other News
This is a guest post from Sam George, intern on Cision’s social media team.
Here is our roundup of new talent, account wins and other PR and marketing industry news. Read below to find out about your competitors and friends, and be sure to share comments and discussion points!
- ASGK Public Strategies has acquired a majority share of Plesser Holland Associates. New York-based Plesser Holland was founded by Andy Plesser in 1992 and Kent Hollan became a partner in 2005. ASGK was founded by former White House advisor David Axelrod and Eric Sedler. In the acquisition, Holland was named managing director and will continue to maintain accounts absorbed by ASGK.
- Smart Connections PR, LLC, opened for business this week. The technology-focused public relations agency is headquartered in Rising Sun, MD., with offices in Connecticut, and represents technology-focused companies including Mindtree Limited, EventTracker, SimpliVity, Corporation, Smart AV, Syncsort and Watchful Software. The firm is led by Joanne Hogue and Dina Petrosky.
- BLAZE added Spa Nautica to its client roster. The firm will work to generate consumer awareness for the spa, which opens on March 1 and is located in Los Angeles’ The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey.
- Catapult PR-IR is one of 30 organizations underwriting the Women Inspiring Leadership Development Summit. As a Gold supporter, Catapult PR-IR is bringing women across all industries, age groups and backgrounds together to share, learn and grow. The event is put on by The Women’s Council, an outgrowth of the Deming Center for Entrepreneurship at University of Colorado at Boulder’s Leeds School of Business.
- Armada Medical Marketing welcomed three new members to its company. Ron Caruthers and Sara Ross joined the Denver, Colo., office as an interactive designer and account manager, respectively. Kaila Przymus joined the Saint Paul, Minn., location as an account coordinator and also will assist with social media services.
- Cookerly Public Relations expanded its team with the hire of Tim Pengelly and Veazely Tramel. Pengelly was hired as design director and will focus on branding campaigns, print collateral and digital media. Tramel started as an intern during the fall, and is now assistant account executive.
If you have content for PR Wins, Moves & Other News, e-mail prwins.us (at) cision.com
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.