How You Can Use Viralheat Keyword Searches to Monitor the Web
Did you know Viralheat can search social media for mentions of any keyword(s)? Track your name, your brand or services, and even your competitor’s mentions on social.
Staying in-the know is important to your social media strategy. Don’t miss out on Viralheat’s powerful keyword search feature. Getting started with keyword searches is simple, below we’ll show you how.
1. First you’ll want to log into your Viralheat account and click on sources on the left navigation. Click on Add next to keyword search to create your first search.
2. Now create your keyword search. The first box is your title (this will not be searched) but it will help you identify this source from your other sources. In this example, it’s Subway Sandwiches.
3. In the second box, enter the keywords that you want to search. In our example, we’ve added Subway, “@subway,” “#subway.” A couple things to remember:
- Hashtags, @ symbols, and other special characters need “quotes” around them
- Hit Enter after each keyword until a blue bubble covers your word. This blue bubble indicates that the keyword will be tracked.
- You can enter up to 10 keywords or phrases with a 120 character limit.
4. In the last box, enter words that you don’t want associated with your keywords. This box is optional. In our example of Subway Sandwiches, Subway could be confused with the metro system in New York or elsewhere. We have added words associated with that type of Subway in the third line – delayed, train, New York, and commute.
Viralheat keyword searches help you monitor the web like never before. You can try keyword searches for free with a 14-day trial of our Premier Plan.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.