PR & Marketing Wins, Moves & Other News
Here is our roundup of new talent, account wins and other PR and marketing industry news. Read below to find out about your competitors and friends, and be sure to share comments and discussion points!
– 2013 has started off well for SHIFT Communications. The employee-owned firm was selected by Toyota as its primary PR agency in the northeast region in February, brought on Karl Scholz as vice president in March and took home the award for Americas region Small Agency of the Year from The Holmes Report’s SABRE Awards.
– GolinHarris also was honored by The Holmes Report’s SABRE Awards and was named Americas region Large Agency of the Year. In addition, The Holmes Report named GolinHarris 2013 UK Consultancy of the Year and Virgo Health, which Golin acquired last year, 2013 Healthcare Consultancy of the Year.
– Miller PR won three Bulldog Awards for campaign excellence. The agency, which specializes in entertainment, media and technology PR, received Gold for Arts & Entertainment Campaign of the Year; Gold for Best Campaign Under $10,000; and Silver for Best Campaign Under $25,000.
– Erinn Lynch joined BLAZE as vice president and will provide account leadership for hospitality, non-profit and Santa Barbara area clients. She has more than 12 years of experience implementing PR and marketing strategies in-house and at agencies. BLAZE represents brands in luxury travel, hospitality, consumer and lifestyle.
– Rubenstein Public Relations announced new client wins including The Mark Company, Greencard Creative, Brian Cuban and Contemporary Art Collection, and also welcomed social media manager Katie Matulonis. The full-service agency is based in New York and represents names in real estate, business, luxury lifestyle, entertainment, technology, healthcare and non-profit sectors.
– ASGK Public Strategies announced the addition of Tracy Schmaler as managing director and head of a new practice group focusing on crisis communications, litigation and issues management. Schmaler previously was director of the Office of Public Affairs at the Department of Justice. ASGK also announced it is the communications partner for The National Cable & Television Association’s annual trade event. ASGK is a public affairs firm founded by David Axelrod and Eric Sedler which operates at the intersection of business, policy, communications and public opinion.
– Cardenas Marketing Network won the Billboard Latin Music Marketing Award for the third consecutive year. The multicultural experiential marketing agency captured Best Tour Sponsorship Campaign.
If you have content for PR Wins, Moves & Other News, e-mail prwins.us (at) cision.com
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.