Top 10 Most Annnoying Social Media Antics
There’s so many lists out there that share tips on what to post on social media. Tips suggesting various content types, times of day on when to post, and the platforms that are important to specific industries. And while all these are common recommendations it’s not as common to come across a list of what not to do on social media. We decided to poll our community to see what they thought were annoying social media habits (because we know they are out there). So here you have it, 10 annoying social media antics:
1. Linking Facebook posts to Twitter automatically
2. Having a Twitter account that only publishes tweets from auto feeds
3. Asking for follow backs, especially on Twitter or blogging platforms
5. Not posting your own original content
6. Only caring about numbers and not the quality of your posts or content
7. Negativity on social media
8. Over-sharing personal information
9. Not giving credit where credit is do. This is especially important if you are sharing content that you didn’t create
10. Posting inappropriate content or posting without thinking of the repercussions
If you have doubts on what you are going to post, run through these few questions before hitting that publish button. “Is this relevant to my community?” If the answer is no, don’t post. “Is this something I would be interested in reading or learning about?” If the answer is no, it’s likely your community will feel the same. Don’t post. “Is this offensive or inappropriate in anyway, will this affect the reputation of my brand?” If the answer is yes to either of these questions, don’t post.
To learn more on what to post, download our Social Media Engagement kit.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.