Best Practices for Social Customer Service
If you’ve ever worked in customer service you are probably well aware of the different personalities that you can run into. From pleasant to angry to downright needy the customer service industry see all types. Now imagine those personalities unleashed on social media. I’m sure the picture in your head is not a pretty one however this is exactly what is happening now that social media is a viable customer service platform for many businesses.
So you may be thinking that you want to try your hand at social customer service but moving your customer service operations to social media is a big decision and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Social media not only gives customers a way to reach you it also makes any customer comments available for public viewing. Which, if negative, can affect your brand’s reputation. Before moving all your customer service to social media read over these best practices.
- Interact with your fans on social media by curating content that pertains to your company or industry and that would be of interest to your community.
- Respond to posts and messages left on your social media account to let fans know that you are seeing their posts.
- Ask questions, introduce promotions, and encourage fan to share their experiences with your brand.
- Listen to feedback left through social media just as you would with tranditional customer service. If this means logging the feedback, make sure to do so.
- Review your social media notifications regularly. Depending on the activity of your community this could be every ten minutes, half hour, or hour.
- Monitor keywords about your brand to know of any customer service opportunities that aren’t directed at you or left on your social media accounts.
- Use Google Alerts to alert you whenever a news source, blog, or website writes content about you.
Find more Best Practices for Social Customer Service by downloading our guide.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.