Demand Success with a Razor’s Edge
It’s a New Year, and we are excited to announce another “can’t miss” keynote for Vocus’ Demand Success conference: Avinash Kaushik, the Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google and the co-Founder of Market Motive, Inc.
Through his blog, Occam’s Razor, and his best selling books on web analytics, Avinash has become the leading voice on helping companies leverage digital platforms and data to out-innovate competitors and achieve measurable financial results with digital marketing. We decided to assemble our favorite 14 Avinash quotes for success based on his most recent book Web Analytics 2.0 and various sound bites on the web.
We hope you will join us for Demand Success and see Avinash and our other star speakers like the award-winning actor, musician and entrepreneur from the HBO hit series “Entourage” Adrian Grenier and Branding Expert Laura Ries this June 5th & 6th in Washington, DC. Demand Success is a public conference open to every communicator! Don’t miss your chance to save $200 off the full conference rate through the end of January.
OK, here are the 14 Avinash quotes. Let us know which ones you like best or if you have your own to add.
1) “Most websites suck because HiPPOs (Highly Paid Persons Opinion) create them.”
2) “Segment or go home: Absolutely nothing is more important in analytics than segmentation.”
3) “Focusing deeply and specifically on measuring Outcomes means connecting customer behavior to the bottom line of the company.”
4) “If you have 90 percent confidence in the data, then make a decision. Don’t wait for perfection.”
5) “Doing only paid or only organic is suboptimal.”
6) “Life is about taking action, and if your work is not driving action, you need to stop and reboot.”
7) “No one can predict how the world will be in three years, so buy a tool today that will serve your needs along that two- to three-year horizon. On the Web, everything changes too fast, which makes any other strategy imprudent.”
8) “Doing true analysis means letting go some control and trusting people who know how to do their jobs.”
9) “The challenge for crossing any modern chasm is rarely technology or tools. The challenge is entrenched mind-sets.”
10) “The interesting thing about averages is that they hide the truth very effectively.”
11) “Testing is the biggest no-brainer, and the killer of most stupid ideas… Testing is great because you can get the most important person’s opinion: the customer’s.”
12) “Social media is like teen sex. Everybody wants to do it. Nobody knows how. When it’s finally done, there is surprise it’s not better.”
13) “No matter what you do you can do it cheaper, faster and more efficiently on the Web.”
14) “You should only have eight to ten metrics on a dashboard, that you should be able to print it on one page, in eleven size font or greater.”
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.