Rapid Social Segmentation: Why It Matters
There is a lot of excitement about the new September Visible Intelligence (VI) release. One of my favorite new capabilities is applying a Category to an entire dashboard. In seconds, you can have a complete segmented view of all of the widgets that you’ve placed on your dashboard. It’s extremely fast and powerful for many use cases, including:
– Campaign Tracking: Use categories for your defined markets (e.g. New England, Mid-Atlantic); apply them to your dashboard(s) to see the data segmented for each of those markets
– Brand Health Analysis: Use categories for your defined stakeholder audiences (e.g. Em
ployees, Influencers); apply them to your dashboard(s) to see the data segmented for each of those specific audience segments
– Brand/Product Management Competitive Analysis: Use categories for your key attributes (e.g. price, service); apply them to your dashboard(s) to understand the conversation dynamics relative to those detailed attributes
These are just a few examples. Because VI is easily configured to meet your needs, you can create the dashboards with the social analytics that matter to you and define categories based on how you want to segment the data. It’s both easy and fast.
Taking it further:
– Update the dashboard date range to see the data updated to whatever window you need for your analysis. For example, update the view to see the prior quarter, or for a specific campaign window.
– Schedule dashboard reports to be sent with category overlays applied as a means for your Sponsor or team to get the information on a regular basis.
Not only does the Category Overlay on the dashboard deliver very fast segmentation, it also provides a consistency on how you segment the data across brands, teams, and use cases.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.