This Marketer’s New Year’s Social Media Resolutions
It’s that time of the year again, when marketers across the social web reflect on the past year and make bold statements about how they plan to improve their position in the year ahead. I’m not about to break with tradition, so here are my New Year’s Social Media Resolutions for 2015.
- Invest in Content: Great content is the foundation of any successful social media strategy. It is the starting point for many conversations, can be shared widely and inspire people to take the next step. Expect more blogged content, more detailed whitepapers and more regularly scheduled webinars.
- Invest in Conversation I always tell people that we were born with two ears and one mouth for a reason and we need to listen more than we talk. Next year I’m going to eat my own dog food and spend less time broadcasting and more time in conversation.
- Invest in Relationships: A network of friends and followers is not worth anything if you don’t work at building solid relationships. Next year I’m going to pick up the phone more often and connect directly. I’m also going to invest more in good coffee (a great relationship lubricant), meaning I’m going to try and meet more people offline.
- Invest in New Friends: The social web is home to a vast number of influential and inspiring thought leaders. I’m going to spend a little more time next year trying to get to know these people, learn from them and widen my network.
- Invest in Education: I’m not only going to read more, I’m going to get organized with my reading so that I stay more up to date on current trends and industry best practices.
- Invest in Real Life: It not what you do on social media that makes you a great social media marketer. It’s what you do in the real world that brings success.
- Invest in Great Products: Everything starts with a great product (and/or service) that solves real problems for real clients. This means any investment into our products and services has to be continuous.
Learn how Viralheat can help you achieve your social media marketing goals in 2015 by joining us for a free product demonstration every Thursday at 1pm (PST), 10am (EST), 6pm (UK).
Photo credit: Amodiovalerio Verde
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.