Join Us for AtrocityWatch Hackathon
Our company’s culture has an ingrained focus on innovation, team-work, and cutting edge big-data technology. What better than a Hack Marathon or a “Hackathon” (as we know it), to put ideas into action, and build something from scratch?
We are supporting AtrocityWatch by providing our patented Sentiment API for AtrocityWatch Hackathon for Humanity. This hackathon is focused on using big data, and mobile technologies to build a Geo-Fencing application. Hackers can use the Sentiment API to
- Understand if sentiment is positive, negative, or neutral around a specific topic, area, or service.
- Return the mood and probability score based on the context of the text.
- Train the sentiment analysis for even more accurate results.
At the hackathon you will witness how great minds advance the cause of applying big data science to the humanitarian cause of preventing atrocities! Together with Cloudera Cares, Amazon AWS, O’Reilly Media and Intel, we are proud to support this hackathon and invite you all to join in for the good cause of applying big data science to the humanitarian cause of preventing atrocities!
Conceive, Build, and Present Your Ideas
Event: February 12, 2015
- Who: Hackers, Designers, Big Data practitioners, Data Scientists, Mentors, and do-gooders who want to give voice to those who need it most
- What: Help spot Atrocities before they occur by analyzing social media & raising awareness when Atrocities occur
- Where: Cloudera, 1001 Page Mill Road, Building 2, Palo Alto, CA 94305
- When: February 12, 2015, 5 PM – Midnight
- What else: Registration is free, food will be served, and you just bring your laptop
Register here and see many sharp brains at their creative best, sweating bullets, and applying science to build technologies of the future. See you there!
As an added bonus, there will be a book signing at 5:30 PM. The books are in limited quantities, so availability will be on a first come first served basis.
- Kate Ting & Jarek Cecho – Apache Sqoop Cookbook
- Hari Shreedharan – Using Flume
- Wes McKinney – Python for Data Analysis
Thanks to O’Reilly Media for providing the books and the Cloudera authors who are signing!
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.