Need Evidence of Effective Social Media Marketing? Get the Social Media Marketing Impact Report
It will come as no surprise that all of us at Viralheat are big believers in the power of social media to acquire new customers and drive sales. That’s because we see it first-hand, every day, as we assist our customers with optimization of their social media marketing strategy. For most, their primary objective it to move the needle (revenue, sales, engagement) in some measurable way.
These new engagement channels have spawned an entire industry —social media marketing— and 78 percent of brands and enterprises now have dedicated social media teams (up from 67 percent in 2012). Still, it’s a relatively young industry and certainly one that must continually prove its efficacy and ROI.
With that in mind, we compiled statistics and case studies of successful social media marketing. We thought that perhaps some of you —our community of social media marketing experts— could use a compendium of the impact that social media marketing has had — and can have for you.
And so we created it: the Social Media Marketing Impact report. This handy, fast-read report takes a look at the primary considerations of social media marketing (ROI, impact and influence) and provides a one-stop distillation of the latest research, successes and case studies from around the web.
It contains some useful factoids that are great evidence that social media marketing can have a positive bottom-line impact. Among them:
Social media marketing ROI
- 60 percent of small to medium-size businesses acquired a new customer through social media in 2014
- During 2014, sales attributable to social media programs increased from $2.62 billion to $3.3 billion, an increase of 26 percent
- Those companies that maintained an active and extensive social media presence saw four times the ROI compared to those companies that limited their social media presence.
- Cisco reported saving more than $100,000 on a product launch through the use of social media
Social media marketing impact
- 83 percent of B2B marketers report using LinkedIn to distribute brand content, and 50 percent have generated leads through this channel
- inContact stated that those sales reps who used LinkedIn in conjunction with marketing automation software doubled their revenue per sale in just six months
- H&R Block’s social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter generated more than 1.5 million unique visitors and a 15 percent lift in business
- Half of millennials say social media influences their purchase decisions
We invite you to download the free report — it’s an inspiration to anyone who’s blazing a trail in social media marketing!
Credits to the information cited in the report:
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.