MediaPulse | A Weekly Media Round-Up
Here are some of the media industry stories we’re following this week:
- The Big News: Bruce Jenner debuts Caitlyn Jenner (Vanity Fair); Gawker to unionize (Gawker); Sepp Blatter announces resignation (Yahoo Sports); Rick Perry to run for President (The New York Times)
- Talking Points: Google Street View reveals underwater locations (Mashable); Bob Schieffer moves on to Harvard (CNNMoney); IHOP unveils new logo (Wired); Study shows that women contribute to a third of U.S. news content (ABC News)
- Expansions/Acquisitions: Politico‘s expansion continues (FishbowlNY); Eric Korsh to lead new Mashable division, Mashable Studios (Tubefilter); Seattle’s Fexy Media purchases Serious Eats (Eater); New Media Investment Group, Inc. buys print products of Columbus Dispatch (The Columbus Dispatch)
- New Launches/Cessations: Revamped Bloomberg Pursuits is here (Luxury Daily); Former Vice staffers to launch NYC.tv (FishbowlNY); Yahoo‘s Pipes is no more (Business Insider)
- What’s Now/Next: Pinterest introduces buyable pins (BloombergBusiness); Showtime announces streaming service on Apple devices to launch July 12 (Re/code)
[Photo credit: Benko Zsolt via flickr ]
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.