Salon Makes Notable New Hires
Salon announced a number of new hires to its editorial team. They will join executive editor Alex Bhattacharji who was brought on board earlier this year to expand election coverage and offer broader viewpoints and quality journalism.
- Jeremy Binckes has been named cover editor. He joins from New York Daily News where he served as the digital copy editor.
- Chauncey DeVega has joined as a senior reporter covering news and politics. His work has appeared in The Huffington Post, New York Daily News, and Newsweek.
- Manny Howard has been named as deputy editor. He has worked as a writer and an editor for Cosmopolitan, Esquire, GQ, The New York Times Magazine, National Geographic, New York and Rolling Stone, among others.
- Alli Joseph will serve as a contributing editor focusing on politics and news, as well as Native American issues, culture, parenting and more.
- Chris Murphey has joined as a senior video producer. He comes from ABC News where he was a producer at Nightline.
- Lauren Schiller has been named executive podcast producer. She will bring the podcast of her radio program, Inflection Point, to the site.
- Carrie Sheffield has joined as a senior reporter covering business and politics. She is the founder of the site Bold, and has appeared in The Huffington Post, The New York Times, TIME and The Wall Street Journal, among others.
- Matthew Sheffield will serve as a politics reporter. He has worked as a producer, web developer, writer and editor.
- D. Watkins, the New York Times best-selling author, professor and lecturer at the University of Baltimore, has been named editor at large.
- Josh Zepps has joined as video anchor. Zepps was a founding host at Huffington Post Live, and has worked as a political analyst and media personality on both television and radio.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.