Departures at The Sacramento Bee
A number of longtime staffers have parted ways with The Sacramento Bee after a shakeup in the newsroom. Departing staff includes:
- Dan Walters departs after 33 years the SacBee. He is well known for his coverage of California politics. He began writing his column in 1981 and started at the Bee in 1984. His column has appeared in several California newspapers, and will continue in an as-yet-unannounced medium.
- Features writer Blair Anthony Robertson. He started at the SacBee as a metro reporter in 1999.
- Deputy sports editor Victor Contreras. Contreras joined the SacBee in 1997.
- Theater critic Marcus Crowder who had been with the SacBee since 2000.
- Critic at large Chris Macias who joined the SacBee as a pop music critic in 1999.
- Senior features writer Allen Pierleoni.
Follow the Sacramento Bee on Twitter.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.