Layoffs Hit Vocativ Staff
Several staff members have been laid off as Vocativ lets go of its editorial team to transition to video coverage including:
- Kevin Collier, who had been senior privacy and security reporter since 2016. Prior to joining Vocativ, he was a senior politics reporter with The Daily Dot;
- Shane Kavanaugh, who was West Coast bureau chief since 2014. He previously was a reporter at The Oregonian;
- Jessica Leber, Vocativ’s senior editor of science and tech, a position she held since 2016. Previously, Leber was a staff editor and writer for Fast Company.
- Robert Silverman, who covered sports at Vocativ, as well as contributed to Vice and Guardian News;
- Thomas Rios, senior sports editor for Vocativ since 2016. Before that, he was editor in chief overseeing sports for Vice;
- Joe Lemire, who was a sports features writer for Vocativ, as well as a blogger for False Start and a freelance writer specializing in baseball coverage;
- Alejandro Alba, a tech culture reporter for Vocativ. Prior to that, he served as a tech reporter for New York Daily News from 2014 through 2016.
- Ethan Harfenist, a news reporter and night editor for Vocativ. He transitioned to the role after joining the outlet as a news editor in 2016;
- Ed Cara, who covered health and science as a reporter for Vocativ. Prior to this role, he was a reporter with Medical Daily;
- Jamie Tarabay, who had been senior editor of national security for Vocativ since 2015. She previously was a senior staff writer for Al Jazeera America; and
- Tracy Clark-Flory, who was was a senior staff writer for Vocativ covering sex, gender, relationships and related social issues.
For updates from Vocativ, follow on Twitter.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.