CisionScoops at SREB and Best Products, Reuters Adds One and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Marissa Gold is set to join BestProducts.com August 7 as beauty editor. Gold currently freelances for a variety of women’s websites, and previously spent two years at Glamour Online as senior online editor. She has also worked for Spa Week, Media Group and Hearts.
- CisionScoop: Southeast Real Estate Business has added Camren Skelton as associate editor. She is a recent graduate of the University of Florida and has worked as copy editor for UGAzine, and a writer for Weddings in Athens.
- Jean Yoon has been named executive editor, editorial strategy for Reuters. This is a newly created position at the news service, and Yoon will be responsible for the editorial strategy of the team alongside Reuters editor in chief, Steve Adler. She previously spent a year as the regional editor, Asia and global editor for the wire. She originally joined the staff in 2010. h/t Talking Biz News
- The Dallas Morning News will bid farewell to Keven Ann Willey, who will retire at the end the of the year. Willey has led the editorial page of The News since 2002, a tenure that has recognized the page as one of the best in the country. She also completed a nine-year term on the Pulitzer Prize board, including a year as co-chair.
- Michael Phillips has been named sports editor for the Richmond Times-Dispatch. Phillips is a veteran sport reporter for the paper, and joined the Times-Dispatch in September 2007. He most recently covered NFL’s Washington Redskins. Prior to that he wrote for MLB.com.
- In an effort to up their social media strategy, Kiplinger has hired Ben Demers as social media manager. He is responsible for directing strategy, creating content, increasing brand awareness and web traffic, and expanding engagement across all social platforms. Demers comes from Connections Media, where he helmed digital strategies for NBC/Telemundo, Bloomberg LP and Bloomberg Philanthropies. Prior to that, he served as an advance associate for Vice President Joe Biden. h/t Talking Biz News
- Candice Coleman, who left Richomond’s WRIC-TV in June, has joined Washington D.C.’s WDCW-TV as news reporter. Coleman began her broadcasting career in 2012 as a weekend anchor at WBAL Radio, and has since worked for WENY-TV and WJTV-TV.
- Camille Tuutti is the new editor in chief of GovernmentCIO Magazine. She comes from Nextgov, where she served as an executive editor for three years. Prior to that, she lead the editorial efforts at FedScoop as editorial director.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.