CisionScoop at WSJ, News at Men’s Health, And More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop : The Wall Street Journal has a new editorial page writer in Jillian Kay Melchior, who got her start in journalism at the outlet as a Bartley fellow in 2009. She was most recently a politics editor at Dow Jones’ Heat Street.
- After six-plus years as assistant bureau chief for the Associated Press in Washington, D.C., Wendy Benjaminson recently took over as national news editor. Aside from a three-year stint at the Houston Chronicle, Benjaminson has been with the AP since 1992.
- Men’s Health recently announced a handful of additions and promotions, including:
- Brad Wieners, who is the magazine’s new executive editor. He previously was deputy editor at Bloomberg Businessweek for nearly six years.
- Ben Court was promoted to deputy editor from his previous post as features editor.
- Mike Solita was named senior art director. He joins from Fortune Magazine, where he was art director for six years.
- John Lonsdale is the magazine’s new online style, grooming and gear editor. He previously was an assistant editor at Men’s Journal.
- Danielle Zickle joined as assistant online editor.
- Lianna Brinded was recently named Europe news editor for Quartz, a role she’ll take over on July 26. She most recently had been deputy editor of Business Insider UK since 2015. h/t Talking Biz News
- After a year as a personal finance writer for CNBC, Tom Anderson recently joined RealClearLife as executive editor. h/t Talking Biz News
- The commercial real estate beat for the Cincinnati Enquirer was recently taken over by Randy Tucker, who was a business reporter and assistant editor there from 1998 to 2010. Since then, he spent nearly seven years at another Ohio newspaper – the Dayton Daily News – as an enterprise reporter.
- WGCL-TV in Atlanta recently named Steve Doerr its news director. He was previously sales manager for Comcast Spotlight.
- Kera Mashek recently joined WDAF-TV in Kansas City, Missouri, as a news reporter. Before that, she was a reporter at WFTS-TV in Tampa, Florida, and WCHS and WVAH in Charleston, West Virginia.
- Good Day Sacramento on KMAX-TV recently welcomed Kinsey Schofield as an anchor. She previously was a video reporter for KNXV-TV in Phoenix.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.