CisionScoops at NYT, Kiplinger’s and NY Post, MTV News Restructures, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Erin Brown joined The New York Times as digital storytelling senior editor. She spent the last two years at The Wall Street Journal as emerging media and audience engagement editor, where she connected important reporting with WSJ readers on emerging platforms. She previously worked as a freelance writer and her work has appeared in New York, Burn Magazine, and Latitudes Longitudes among others.
- In an effort to create more video and short-form content for younger audiences, MTV News restructured the politics, news and digital divisions of its newsroom. The following staff is no longer with the network: Molly Lambert, lead music writer; Jamil Smith, senior national correspondent; Ana Marie Cox, senior political correspondent; Jane Coaston, political reporter; Brian Phillips, feature writer; Holly Anderson, director of politics and news; Marcus Ellsworth, writer; Mark Lisanti, senior director for TV and movies; Stacey Grant, writer; Alex Pappademas, digital executive editor; and Jaime Fuller, politics writer.
- ABC News correspondent Phillip Mena has joined NBC and MSNBC. Mena will co-anchor NBC’s Early TODAY alongside Frances Rivera, and will serve as fill-in host for MSNBC weekend shows. He previously worked as anchor and reporter for Houston’s KPRC-TV.
- CisionScoop: Kiplinger’s Personal Finance added Eileen Ambrose as senior editor. Ambrose comes from AARP, where she served as senior editor for the money team since 2014. Prior to that, she spent over a decade at the Baltimore Sun, and also worked as a reporter for the Indianapolis Star.
- CisionScoop: Catherine Kast moved to the New York Post as features editor and writer. She will cover lifestyle features related to style, beauty, fitness, wellness and food. Kast was previously a reporter for People magazine, a position she had taken in 2012. She has also worked for Inside Edition and FOX News.
- Business Insider hired Seth Archer as a reporter covering the financial markets. He will produce stories on stocks, commodities and stock market. Archer was hired full time by BI after he served as the markets desk intern for the last three months.
- Sarah Caldwell, a longtime anchor at NBC affiliate WBAL-TV in Baltimore, left the station last month. Caldwell joined WBAL in 2002, most recently anchoring noon broadcasts and reporting on weekday morning traffic. She tarted her broadcast career at WTXF-TV in Philadelphia.
- CisionScoop: National Mortgage News hired Elina Tarkazikis as reporter for both print and digital formats. She was previously the public relations and marketing coordinator for RE/MAX Traditions, and was also the founder and EIC of Her Campus Ramapo, a new-media brand for empowered college women.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.