Megyn Kelly’s Morning Show Gets Launch Date, CisionScoops at NBC News & Business Insider, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NBC News announced that Megyn Kelly‘s highly-anticipated morning show will debut Sept. 25 in front of a live studio audience. Today show alums Jaclyn Levin and Christine Cataldi will lead the program as executive producer and co-executive producer, respectively.
- CisionScoop: Dartunorro Clark exited DNAinfo New York to join NBC News as a national political reporter. Before joining DNAinfo last May, Clark freelanced for The Marshall Project and amNewYork. He was previously an investigative fellow and reporter at the Times Union in Albany, New York.
- CisionScoop: Business Insider hired reporter Amir Ismael to cover commerce. Ismael previously contributed to Complex and Sole Collector since August 2015, and interned there for several months before that.
- Sara Holdren was named theater critic at New York magazine and its entertainment website Vulture, effective July 31. Holdren brings a fresh perspective to the role, having worked in nearly every aspect of playmaking as a director, actor and designer.
- Priya Anand will exit BuzzFeed to join The Information as a reporter covering Amazon. Anand joined BuzzFeed’s San Francisco bureau last May after two years of reporting for MarketWatch.
- Hong Kong-based reporter Natasha Khan exited Bloomberg News. Khan was part of Bloomberg’s global health team, focusing on regional health and science in Greater China. She previously reported for Mergermarket. h/t Talking Biz News
- The Associated Press promoted Paul Harloff to global markets editor, up from airlines, autos and energy team lead. Harloff joined the AP in 2004, and previously worked for The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones Newswires. h/t Talking Biz News
- ProPublica Illinois continued staffing up in advance of its launch with the addition of deputy editor Steve Mills. He comes from the Chicago Tribune, where he spent 23 years as an investigative reporter and editor. Mills previously reported for the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle and Winston-Salem Journal.
- Whole Foods magazine tapped Laurie Petersen as its new editor in chief. Petersen previously served as EIC at AOL Jobs, as well as small business editor for AOL’s Daily Finance. She also has worked at MediaPost, The Deal and iVillage, among others.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.