Nylon CisionScoop, Moves at WaPo & WSJ, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- The Washington Post has named Peter Holley business reporter. He currently serves as a general assignment reporter for the paper covering breaking news and investigative news. In his new role, he will cover business with a specific focus on innovation. He begins tomorrow, July 18.
- Ezekiel Kweku has joined Daily Intelligencer, a blog hosted by New York magazine, as politics editor. Kweku was previously a politics writer for MTV News.
- Also joining Daily Intelligencer is Benjamin Hart, who now serves as a national politics writer. Hart comes to blog after having served as the front page editor of HuffPost. His work has appeared in The Awl, VOGUE, GQ, Slate, Salon and more.
- CisionScoop: Nylon has recruited Bianca Valle as the magazine’s new beauty editor. Valle has served as the community manager for MILK Studios and has interned for Refinery29. She has also worked extensively as a freelance stylist and photographer.
- Timothy Lee has exited his position as senior correspondent at Vox to join the editorial team at Ars Technica. He is now an associate writer and his coverage includes technology, policy and the future of transportation. He has previously served as a blogger at The Washington Post and Forbes.
- Bob Condor has stepped down from his position as vice president and editor in chief of Yahoo Sports. He started at the publication in 2012, and prior to that, served in the same role for the National Hockey League.
- Los Angeles-based radio reporter Jo Kwon has successfully transitioned to television, now serving as a multimedia journalist for KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV. She has served as a reporter and anchor for KFI-AM, KOST-FM and several other stations.
- Starting today, Nicholas Varchaver is a senior editor at ProPublica. His coverage will be focused on the Trump administration. He comes to ProPublica from Fortune, where he served in various positions since 1999, most recently as assistant managing editor.
- Also newly recruited to ProPublica is Peter Elkind. He now works as a senior reporter covering the Trump administration. Elkind was editor at large for Fortune magazine for nearly two decades and also served as the editor of the Dallas Observer and associate editor of Texas Monthly.
- Chuin-Wei Yap has relocated to Hong Kong to serve as a reporter for The Wall Street Journal. He covers banking and money flows for the paper. He has also covered the finance and economics of China for The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones Newswires in Beijing. h/t Talking Biz News
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.