WSJ Shutters 8 Blogs, Buyout at NYT, Plus More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- Fernanda Santos has taken a buyout from The New York Times; her last day is July 14. Santos has been The Times bureau chief in Phoenix since 2012, and has also covered education and politics since joining the paper in 2005.
- Bloomberg is moving reporter Matthew Leising to its Los Angeles bureau after more than ten years in New York. Leising will continue to cover financial technology, as well as developments and regulation in the derivative and fixed-income markets. h/t Talking Biz News
- The Wall Street Journal is shutting down eight blogs as it looks to condense its platforms and put more coverage on the home page. The shuttered blogs include Law Blog, one of the paper’s oldest blogs that launched in 2006; China Real Time and India Real Time, which looked at life in their respective growing economies; arts, culture and entertainment blog Speakeasy; lifestyle blog Off Duty Daily; breaking news hub Dispatch; sports blog The Daily Fix; and Numbers, a blog looking at the use of numbers in news, business and politics.
- Noriko Gee Kelley has been promoted to executive vice president of program planning and scheduling at CBS Television Network. Kelley previously served as senior vice president of programming and scheduling. Her promotion fills the vacancy left by Kelly Kahl, who recently was named president of CBS Entertainment.
- KPRC-TV bid farewell to reporter Jennifer Bauer, who is leaving the Houston NBC affiliate and moving to Florida. Bauer joined the station in 2010, and previously reported for WJXT-TV in Jacksonville, Florida.
- O. Ricardo Pimentel has been promoted to editorial page editor at the San Antonio Express-News. Pimentel joined the paper as a columnist and editorial writer in 2011. He previously served as an editorial writer at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Erika Bolstad left ClimateWire after just over a year at the news service. Prior to joining ClimateWire, Bolstad worked as a freelance journalist for three years, and before that was a national correspondent at McClatchy.
- Discovery Channel senior executive vice president of development and production Denise Contis has left the network. Contis had been at Discovery since 2012, and before that worked on the west coast for sister-network TLC.
- Denver Telemundo affiliate KDEN-TV launched a consumer investigative unit, with Rosy Zugasti as its primary reporter. Zugasti has reported for KDEN since 2016, and before that was a multimedia journalist, news anchor, and producer at KINT-TV in El Paso, Texas.
- Jeff Child has joined Circuit Cellar magazine as editor in chief. Child comes to Circuit Cellar from COTS Journal, where he had served in the same capacity for 12 years. Before that, he was a section editor at EE Times Group.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.