CisionScoop at Bloomberg News, Additions at CNN & WSJ, Promotions at Adweek, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to mediamoves@cision.
- CisionScoop: Doni Bloomfield has left Bloomberg News, effective August 4, to pursue a degree in law. Bloomfield joined the news wire in July 2015 and served as a reporter covering biotechnology.
- Adweek: The Voice of Media has updated their masthead by promoting the following staff:
- Lisa Granatstein has been promoted to editor and vice president of content and events. She was previously the editor of Adweek and joined the staff in 2011 as managing editor.
- Lauren Johnson has been upped to senior technology editor, and previously served as a reporter for the magazine. She joined the staff in 2014 from Mobile Marketer.
- Kristina Monllos is now senior editor for brands. She was previously a staff writer and joined Adweek in 2014 after spending three years at Euromoney Institutional Investor.
- Emma Bazilian is the magazine’s new features editor. She was previously the senior style and culture editor for Adweek and joined the staff in 2011 as a writer.
- Buzzfeed features writer Reggie Ugwu is headed to The New York Times after Labor Day. He will join the daily as pop culture reporter. Ugwu has been a features writer for Buzzfeed since 2014.
- CNN has named Ted Metzger executive producer of At This Hour with Kate Bolduan. He comes from CNN International, where he spent the last three years as supervising producer. Prior to that, he served as a senior producer at BBC News.
- Natasha Khan has joined The Wall Street Journal in Hong Kong as Asia corporate reporter, covering a variety of business news in Asia. She was previously a reporter for Bloomberg News in Hong Kong, primarily covering health and science news. Prior to that, she spent three years at Mergermarket as a finance reporter. h/t Talking Biz News
- Buzzfeed will welcome Vera Bergengruen August 28, who will join the staff as Pentagon reporter. She will break major news on the Trump administration’s impact on the US military, its people, and its role in the world. In the past year she served as national correspondent for McClatchy Newspapers, and joined the paper group in 2011 as editorial assistant.
- Chasing Glory with Lilian Garcia is a new podcast focusing on interviews with today’s athletes and entertainers. Host Lilian Garcia shares their stories, real-life challenges and how they achieved success in their careers.
- After 26 years as an afternoon on air personality, John Riley has transitioned into a creative role at American Family Radio, effective July 28. He now serves a creative services director and also produces a weekend newscast covering Israel and the Middle East. Riley joined AFR in 1981 as on air personality.
- truTV has promoted Maureen Taran to vice president of talent. She was previously truTV’s executive in charge of talent, and joined the station in 2013. Prior to that, she spent four years as a producer for the Annual Patrice O’Neal Comedy Concert Benefit.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.