CisionScoop at Parents, Departures at The News & Observer, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Karen Miller Pensiero has been named the managing editor of The Wall Street Journal. Pensiero was most recently the editor for newsroom standards at WSJ and has been at the paper since 1985, holding a variety of editorial and corporate positions there. h/t Talking Biz News
- CisionScoop: Parents has named Mindy Walker as executive editor; she takes on the role in addition to her role as executive editor of Fit Pregnancy and Baby. Walker is filling the vacancy left at Parents by the departure of Chandra Turner.
- Katie Couric is ending her interview show Yahoo News with Katie Couric after four years; she will continue working with Yahoo on a case-by-case basis. Couric has had a long career in journalism, serving as a host on The Today Show for fifteen years before becoming an anchor on the CBS Evening News in 2006. Since then, she has served as a special correspondent at ABC News and has hosted her own podcast.
- The News & Observer has bid farewell to three longtime staff members:
- Geoffrey Ingersoll is starting in his new role as editor in chief of The Daily Caller, replacing former editor in chief and current editorial director Vince Coglianese. Ingersoll had previously served as the managing editor of the Daily Caller and had held the same role at the Marine Corp Times. Additionally, senior reporter Rachel Stoltzfoos has been promoted to managing editor to fill the role vacated by Ingersoll. Stoltzfoos has been at The Daily Caller since 2014.
- ABC Television Network has promoted Rebecca Daugherty to executive vice president of marketing. Daugherty had previously served as the vice president of entertainment marketing for the network.
- Adam Kuperstein will be leaving the NBC affiliate in Miami WTVJ-TV at the end of August to join WNBC-TV as a weekend evening anchor and general assignment reporter. Kuperstein has been at WTVJ-TV since 2005, originally serving as a sports anchor before being promoted to anchor in 2011.
- FOX Sports 1 has snagged Mark Schlereth from rival ESPN to serve as an NFL analyst. Schlereth had been at ESPN for 16 years prior to the move, and has hosted a number of radio shows since 2010.
- Paul Fichtenbaum is joining The Athletic as chief content officer. Fichtenbaum comes to The Athletic from Time, Inc, where he served as the sports group editor for four years. Before that he was at Sports Illustrated, which he joined in 1989 as a senior editor and was promoted to online managing editor in 2004.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.