CisionScoop at Revelist, Moves at NYT and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The New York Times names Parul Sehgal as the new book critic. He was previously senior editor for the book review.
- Choire Sicha will take over the NYT styles section as editor. He is currently the executive director for partner development at Vox and co-founder/editor of The Awl.
- CisionScoop: Izabella Zaydenberg has joined Revelist as a contributing writer. She covers women’s interests, fashion and beauty, with an emphasis on body positivity. She previously worked as a blogger for BridalPulse, a writer for Enstars and a staff writer for Elite Daily.
- Natasha Chen joins CNN Newsource, Washington Bureau as a national correspondent. She previously severed as a reporter for KIRO-TV. Omar Jimenez also joins as a national correspondent. He previously worked as a general assignment reporter for WBAL-TV.
- The New Republic makes a few changes to their masthead. Sarah Jones has been named staff writer at TNR. She was previously social media editor. Eric Armstrong has been promoted to social media editor, as he was previously the social media intern.
- FOX affiliate WPMT-TV bids farewell to reporter Melanie Orlins, who has been with the station since 2015. With her departure, the station names Matt Maisel as new co-anchor. He previously served as a reporter for the station.
- VentureBeat welcomes Anna Hensel as a news and analysis reporter for their Heartland Tech Channel. Hensel previously served as an assistant editor covering startups for Inc.
- MSNBC promotes Raelyn Johnson as executive producer, weekends. She worked as a senior producer for the network since 2015. Prior to working at MSNBC, Johnson served as senior producer for Al Jazeera Media Network.
- Robert Barba will be joining Bankrate on August 14 as a banking and fintech writer and analyst. He is currently a technology editor at American Banker. h/t Talking Biz News.
- Tom Donovan is now the Acting Editor for the News Journal. He also serves as President for the Gannet East group.
- Nancy Grace has launched her Crime Stories with Nancy Grace show on Triumph. The new SiriusXM talk radio channel debuted on July 10.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.