CisionScoop for Vice, Updates at Reuters and WGCL-TV, Plus More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Nigel Duara has left the Los Angeles Times where he served as a national reporter since 2015. He has joined HBO VICE News Tonight as a correspondent. Duara was previously with the Associated Press before he joined the Los Angeles Times.
- Philip McClellan has been hired in Asia for Reuters. He will serve as the top news editor based and will be based in Singapore. He was most recently the international weekend editor at the New York Times. He had been with the New York Times since 2004 where he began as the business desk editor based in Paris before moving on to become deputy managing editor based in Hong Kong for the paper. h/t: Talking Biz News
- James Estes has been let go from the CBS affiliate WGCL-TV in Atlanta. He served as news operations manager and chief engineer for ten years.
- Pioneer Public Television has added two new hires. Darin Sorby and Kayla Hawkinson have joined KWCM-TV and KSMN-TV. They will be serving as community relations representatives for the stations. Sorby was most recently the news director for KDMA radio with a background in sales and real estate. Hawkinson comes from the American Cancer Society where she was in a management position for Relay for Life.
- Kelly Mirt has been named publisher and vice president of advertising at The Wichita Eagle. He began his new position July 31. Mirt was previously vice president of advertising for sister McClatchy paper, The Charlotte Observer. Mirt replaces Roy Heatherly at the Eagle who retired in May.
- Banking and finance reporter, Michael Seale, is leaving the Birmingham Business Journal to become editor of the Patch.com’s new Birmingham site. The site will launch online in August. Seale was at the Birmingham Business Journal since March 2015 and was a freelancer prior to that. h/t: Talking Biz News
- Mark E. Lett, executive editor and vice president of The State, has announced his upcoming retirement. He has been executive editor for the paper since 1998. He began his career at The Detroit News in 1977 after graduating from Wayne State University. He served in a variety of positions there ranging from reporter to assistant managing editor. He has worked at five newspapers in Detroit, Pittsburgh and Gary, Ind. covering everything from breaking news to sports.
- David Alexander Willis left HDVideo Pro Magazine where he was senior editor since 2015. He is now at American Cinematographer as the editor of new products and services. Prior to his position at HDVideo Pro Magazine, he was associate editor for various Werner Publishing magazines including Digital Photo Pro and Outdoor Photographer.
- Daily Blast Live, a new Denver-based half hour news and entertainment show, will debut on September 11. It will air on 36 TEGNA markets across the country and feature Erica Cobb, Tracey Gold, Al Jackson, Sam Schacher, Jeff Schroeder, Ebony Steele, Tory Shulman and Jen Widerstrom as hosts.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.