CisionScoops at Kiplinger’s & Ars Technica, Promotions at NPR and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Anne Kates Smith has taken over the duties of Manuel “Manny” Schiffres as executive editor at Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. Smith has been on staff since 2001, and previously worked for TheStreet,U.S. News & World Report and USA Today. Schiffres retired from the magazine after 30 years.
- CisionScoop: Ars Technica, an online media outlet dedicated to science and technology, has enlisted the talents of Jeff Dunn. He comes to Ars Technica from Business Insider, where he served as a tech reporter.
- There has been a few promotions at NPR. New roles are as follow:
- Executive editor Edith Chapin has taken on new responsibilities during the rollout of NPR’s new journalism network. She will now focus on overseeing the strategy and execution of the collaborative journalism aspirations and editorial partnerships.
- Moving into the role of executive editor is David Sweeney, who will oversee newsgathering, newsroom desks and all desk editors.
- Promoted to the senior director for the collaborative journalism network is Bruce Auster. Auster will report to Chapin, and previously served as senior editor for collaborative coverage.
- Scott Wilson has stepped down from his role at The Washington Post as national editor. He will now serve the paper as senior national correspondent.
- Jim Tankersley has departed Vox for a new position at The New York Times Washington bureau. He now reports on taxes and economics for the newspaper.
- Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Trevor Noah has tapped Dulcé Sloan as its newest correspondent. As a stand-up comedian, Rolling Stone named Sloan one of “10 Comedians You Need to Know” in June.
- Keltie Knight is now a correspondent for Entertainment Tonight. Knight has appeared as a correspondent on The Insider, a host on Yahoo!, and blogged for BuzzFeed.
- Michael Musto has a new column at NewNowNext titled “Musto Unfiltered”. The column covers nightlife, gossip, theater, social issues and more.
- Jonathan Teppermen has left his managing editor position at Foreign Affairs to join the team at Foreign Policy as editor in chief. He will begin this new role in October.
- Moving up at the Las Vegas Review-Journal is Nicole Raz, who has been promoted to assistant business editor. She joined the paper in May of 2016 as a business reporter.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.