CisionScoops at Reuters & Vanity Fair, Additions at WSJ, Garage Magazine & The Buffalo News, Plus More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Paresh Dave joins Reuters as a correspondent covering Google, Alphabet Inc., YouTube and Waymo. He was previously a business reporter for the Los Angeles Times covering technology and Silicon Beach.
- CisionScoop: Anna Lisa Raya has been named executive Hollywood editor for Vanity Fair. She was most recently the senior awards editor for The Hollywood Reporter.
- Cision Blog regrets to inform its readers that Jennifer Boeth has passed away. Jennifer served as deputy chief of reporters with Entertainment Weekly since 2010. She joined the outlet in 1999 as a reporter.
- Daniel Kruger is now a bond market reporter for The Wall Street Journal covering the U.S Treasury market. Prior to joining the WSJ, he was a treasury and bond reporter for Bloomberg News, and has been a contributor for Forbes. h/t Talking Biz News
- Mark Guidicci leaves Vogue and joins Garage Magazine, the newest addition to Vice Media, as the new editor in chief. During his time at Vogue, Guidicci, served as arts editor for five years.
- Josh Barnett has been named executive sports editor for The Buffalo News. Barnett was previously the director of content for USA Today’s national high school digital platform for five years. He also oversaw sports content as executive sports editor for the Philadelphia Media Network.
- Ana Hernández Ramos will assume the role of assistant news director for WWSI-TV on Oct. 2. Ramos started her TV career as a producer at WKAQ-TV, Telemundo Puerto Rico in 2002, working her way up to Executive Producer in 2013.
- Dray Clark is joining WCAU-TV in Philadelphia as weekend anchor Oct. 23. He is currently a reporter with WABC-TV in New York City. Previously, Clark has served as a reporter and anchor for KYW-TV, WJW-TV and WOOD-TV.
- The Deseret News has named Jeff Simpson president and publisher. Simpson was previously the president and CEO of Bonneville International. He began his career at Walt Disney Pictures and Buena Vista Television.
- Brian Fanney has departed from the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, where he covered state politics and government at the Arkansas State Capitol. He originally joined the paper in 2014 as a business reporter.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.