CisionScoops at WSJ & Entertainment Weekly, Additions at NBC, CNN, & NYT, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Ian Talley is now the illicit finance reporter at The Wall Street Journal and The Dow Jones Newswires. Talley has been with WSJ since 2010 and Dow Jones since 2002, reporting on energy, international, and finance topics.
- CisionScoop: Entertainment Weekly has added David Canfield to its editorial staff. Canfield’s past work can be seen in Slate Magazine, Vulture, and Indiewire.
- NBC has picked Mosheh Gains as its new Pentagon producer. Gains has been with NBC since 2015, and was previously with ABC for nine years.
- After serving as a reporter for three years, Veronica Rocha has left the Los Angeles Times and is now a breaking news reporter for CNN Online.
- Bill Brink is now the retail and consumer editor for The New York Times, after serving as its media editor for over two years. Replacing Brink as media editor is Jim Windolf, who has previously the men’s style editor for more than two years.
- After serving nearly five years as LA Weekly‘s restaurant critic, Besha Rodell has retired, in order to spend more time with her family. As the publication’s food critic Rodell produced weekly restaurant reviews, contributed daily to its blog, and headed two annual food issues.
- Lauren Chooljian has joined New Hampshire Public Radio as political reporter. Previously, Chooljian served as a reporter for WBEZ-FM in Chicago for nearly five years.
- After serving at Bloomberg News across the United States and abroad since 2010, Patricia Laya has been named bureau chief of the Caracas bureau in Venezuela. h/t Talking Biz News
- Anita Hassan is the newest member of the Las Vegas Review-Journal‘s six-person investigative team. Previously, she was a reporter for the Houston Chronicle.
- Ed Chapuis has now taken over as news director of the ABC network affiliate KGTV-TV in San Diego. Chapuis has served as the news director for several California stations, including KTXL, KTVU, KCRA, and KTNV.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.