CisionScoop at Fund Action, Promotions at The Wall Street Journal and Vox, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Fund Action has brought on Julie Mansmann as a reporter, covering product development and marketing strategies and trends in mutual funds and exchange-traded funds. Previously, she has worked for The East Meadow Herald, The Bellmore Herald, and The New Paltz Oracle.
- Eleanor Barkhorn has been promoted to deputy managing editor of Vox, where she has previously served as Features Editor for over three years. She will take her new position starting in November when she returns from maternity leave.
- The Wall Street Journal welcomes back Jarrard Cole as its director of video content. Cole was a senior video journalist at WSJ for five years before taking a seven month hiatus to serve as vice president of content at Scenic. h/t Talking Biz News
- Angel Coker is Birmingham Business Journal‘s new banking and legal reporter. A native of Vernon, Alabama, Coker has previously written for The Tuscaloosa News. h/t Talking Biz News
- The News Journal has parted ways with breaking news reporter Alonzo Small and sports reporter Meghan Montemurro. Small has been with the Gannett-owned Delaware newspaper for over a year, and Montemurro for over three years.
- Avenue has made several shifts in its staff, including:
- Jessica Lee Ho, the managing editor for Avenue since 2002, being named group creative director for both Avenue and New York Family. She will continue as managing editor for Avenue under this new title.
- Kelly Laffey, who has been promoted to executive editor after a year and a half serving as deputy editor.
- Emma Pitt, previously the associate art director of New York Family, being named group art director for both New York Family and Avenue.
- Kristina Stewart Ward joining Avenue as its real estate editor, and will also write the publication’s “Unreal Estate” column.
- After nearly seven years as vice president and general manager, Larry Blackerby is no longer at the Indianapolis ABC affiliate, WRTV-TV. Jeff Block, a special projects consultant for station owner E.W. Scripps, will be serving as an interim general manager until a replacement is found.
- Former web editor for High Times, Mike Gianakos, is replacing Dan Skye as editor in chief. Gianakos as been with the outlet since January 2002.
- Rosalie Murphy has left The Desert Sun after three years serving as a real estate reporter. Amy DiPierro, a reporter for The Desert Sun since September of this year, will now be covering both business and real estate. h/t Talking Biz News
- WYFF-TV, the NBC affiliate in Greenville, SC, welcomes Madeleine Hackett as its newest reporter. A graduate of Boston University’s broadcast journalism program, Hackett has previously served as a news anchor for WTVY-TV in Dothan, Alabama.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.