CisionScoops at LA Magazine & San Diego Business Journal, New Faces at NYT and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: After nine years with Los Angeles Magazine, Leilah Bernstein has left her position of associate editor. Bernstein has served as a writer and editor for several other LA publications, including The Los Angeles Times and The Los Angeles Times Magazine.
- CisionScoop: Lou Hirsh has parted ways with the San Diego Business Journal, where he had served as a reporter since 2010. Assuming responsibility for Hirsh’s coverage, which included various construction, real estate and urban planning topics, is Ray Haurd.
- Joining The New York Times in early November is Shauntel Lowe. She will serve as a senior staff editor covering sports for the newspaper. Lowe comes to NYT from The Bleacher Report, where she previously served as deputy editor of special projects.
- MSNBC has decided to release Mark Halperin, following a short suspension. He has served as a senior political analyst since March.
- Meredith Rollins, editor in chief of Redbook, has stepped down from her role after three years. She joined Redbook in 2010 as executive editor, before being promoted to editor in chief in 2014.
- Splinter has welcomed Clio Chang as a new staff writer. She comes to the online publication after serving in a similar role at The New Republic.
- NBC affiliate KSDK-TV in St. Louis has named Tiffani Lupenski as the station’s news director. Lupenski has previoulsy served in the same capacity at several other stations, including KGTV-TV and KATU-TV.
- Set to pen the latest newsletter for Financial Times are Rana Foroohar and Edward Luce. The newsletter is titled Swamp Notes and will focus on money and power dynastic in today’s political landscape.
- Roxanne Vargas, host of NBC affiliated WTVJ-TV‘s 6 In The Mix in Miami, will now deliver the news as weekend morning anchor. Vargas has been with the station for nearly 12 years, starting as a reporter in 2006.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.