CisionScoops at Bustle & InvestmentNews, Additions at The Atlantic, Barron’s, Telemundo & NJBIZ, Changes at CBS, PBS & Young Turks, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Catherine Thompson is now the deputy news editor at Bustle. She was previously a senior editor and news writer for Talking Points Memo.
- CisionScoop: InvestmentNews welcomes Ryan Neal as its new financial technology reporter. Prior to joining InvestmentNews, Neal was a technology reporter for WealthManagement.com and International Business Times.
- CBS and PBS have severed their partnership with Charlie Rose. Rose was a host and executive producer for the eponymous Charlie Rose shows on PBS, as well as served as a co-host on CBS This Morning along with being a contributing correspondent for 60 Minutes.
- Swati Sharma has been named deputy editor for online content at The Atlantic. She was most recently a deputy editor for The Washington Post overseeing general assignment news coverage.
- Jon Swartz will be joining the San Francisco bureau at Barron’s on Dec. 4th. He had been the San Francisco bureau chief for USA Today since 2012. Schwartz has been a Bay Area journalist since 1991, working for San Jose Business Journal, MacWeek, San Francisco Chronicle and Forbes. h/t Talking Biz News
- Mike & Mike has aired its last show on ESPN Radio. In its place, Golic and Wingo will air weekdays 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM. Mike & Mike had been on the air since 2000.
- Hilda Gutierrez is joining the new investigative unit at Telemundo Chicago. Gutierrez comes from KRCA-TV, Estrella TV, in Burbank, California where she was an investigative reporter.
- KYW-TV has promoted John Wilson to vice president and news director. He previously served as assistant news director for the station and before that was the executive news producer.
- Jordan Chariton has parted ways with The Young Turks. Chariton joined the outlet in 2015 as a political reporter, and is also the founder of the Truth Against the Machine news organization.
- NJBIZ has named Howard Burns as its new editor. He comes from the Pittsburgh Business Times, where he was the editor in chief since 2012. Additionally, Burns was a long-time editorial director and editor for The Hollywood Reporter. h/t Talking Biz News
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.