CisionScoops at CNN & VICE, New Additions at ELLE & WLS-TV and more Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Katelyn Polantz says goodbye to ALM Media, and moves to CNN’s Washington D.C. Bureau for a senior writer position. She covers justice, crime and lawyers for the network. Prior to joining CNN, Polantz was a producer for PBS NewsHour and a reporter for The Roanoke Times.
- CisionScoop: VICE’s Motherboard has moved Ankita Rao from associate editor to special projects editor of the online magazine. Rao became Motherboard’s associate editor in 2016, and was previously the managing editor for The Shpiel.
- Ken Riddick has left the Modesto Bee and is returning to The Fresno Bee as president and publisher. He will also be overseeing The Tribune and the Merced Sun Star. Riddick first joined the Bee in 1995 as a picture editor, and left the paper in 2003. As Riddick rejoins the Bee, Tom Cullinan has retired from it. Cullinan was the president and publisher since 2012, and was previously the vice president of circulation for the paper.
- WLS-TV ABC 7 Chicago has named Teresa Rix as vice president and general sales manager. Rix joins the station from Tribune Media where she was the vice president of group sales and marketing. Rix has worked for ABC before, with regional sports and entertainment sales.
- Katie Connor announced via Twitter that she has joined ELLE as deputy editor. Prior to ELLE, Connor was the deputy editor for Cosmo and the fashion features editor for Marie Claire.
- Hilary Burns, the banking and entrepreneur reporter for the Charlotte Business Journal, is leaving the paper to pursue a fellowship in Boston. In the past, Barnes has reported for the American City Business Journal, USA Today and The Barnstable Patriot. She plans to freelance when her fellowship is over. h/t Talking Biz News.
- Tom Joyner, the host of the syndicated Tom Joyner Morning Show announced that he will be retiring and ending his show on Dec. 31, 2019. The Tom Joyner Morning Show has been on the air since 1994, and can be heard in more than 125 markets. It delivers a combination of music, talk, sports, gossip and comedy bits.
- Howard Burns, the editor in chief for the Pittsburgh Business Times, has left the paper. Before coming to the American City Business Journals, Burns was the editor in chief of Moving Pictures Magazine and editorial director for The Hollywood Reporter. h/t Talking Biz News
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.