CisionScoops at Observer & FOX 2 Detroit, Additions at FOX News Channel, Triangle Business Journal & Telemundo 47, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Davis Richardson has joined Observer as policy reporter. Richardson was formerly a freelance reporter for The Daily Caller, and has contributed to Nylon Magazine and VICE Media.
- CisionScoop: WJBK-TV has announced that Roop Raj has transitioned from the morning news broadcast to the 5:30pm broadcast. Prior to joining Fox 2 Detroit, Raj was a reporter for WEYI-TV.
- Cision Blog regrets to inform its readers that Sarah Portlock has passed away. She had most recently served as a day editor for The Wall Street Journal, and was a web producer and reporter for the outlet since 2012. She began her career at The Star-Ledger as a real estate reporter. h/t Talking Biz News
- Reuters has promoted Tiffany Wu to regional editor overseeing coverage of the Americas. Wu performed the duties of Americas news managing editor, and has held multiple leadership positions at the news service. Wu began her tenure with Reuters as an Asia region correspondent. h/t Talking Biz News
- Jarl Mohn is taking a medical leave from overseeing National Public Radio for an undetermined amount of time. He has been the president and CEO of NPR since 2014. Before overseeing NPR, he was president and CEO for E! Entertainment Television.
- Lourdes Meluza has retired from Univison News. She was a long-time senior national correspondent in Washington DC, covering US politics for the Spanish-language network. She was additionally a reporter for El Herald and Vanidades.
- FOX News Channel and FOX Business Network welcome Sebastian Gorka as a national security strategist. Gorka has served as deputy assistant and strategist for The White House, and was editor for Breibart overseeing coverage of national security and foreign affairs.
- Ben Graham is the new reporter for Triangle Business Journal covering real estate and economic development in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, North Caroling region. He was most recently a reporter for the Jackson Hole News & Guide. h/t Talking Biz News
- Alexa Rodriguez is now an executive producer for WNJU-TV. She is responsible for directing show topics, reviewing press submissions and overseeing all on-air content for Telemundo 47. Most recently, Rodriguez as a news producer for Univision 41 in New York.
- Victoria Finkle has been named editor for Bank Think, a American Banker blog. She had served as a reporter for American Banker covering Capitol Hill and was a freelance reporter covering banking, banking and economics. h/t Talking Biz News
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.