CisionScoops at Real Simple & Men’s Health, Additions at WaPo, Departure from Crain’s New York Business, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Ana Maltby is set to join Real Simple, effective Nov. 27. She is the magazine’s new deputy editor, after being the director of health and wellness for Refinery29. She has also previously worked for SELF, Natural Health and Fit Pregnancy.
- CisionScoop: Men’s Health has promoted Dean Stattmann from brand editor to special projects editor. He has been the brand editor since late 2016, and previously worked for Men’s Fitness.
- In January 2018, Sarah Ellison will be leaving Vanity Fair to become the Washington Post’s newest media reporter. She will begin her duties at WaPo on Jan. 22. Ellison has been with Vanity Fair for six years, and prior to that reported for The Wall Street Journal for almost a decade.
- Crain’s New York Business says goodbye to publisher Jill Kaplan, who has joined United Airlines. She had been with the magazine since 2006. h/t Talking Biz News
- Longtime Fort Myers meteorologist Robert Van Winkle is retiring from NBC’s WBBH-TV in Fort Myers, Florida. He has been the chief meteorologist since 2003 and will officially retire at the end of March 2018.
- There’s a new podcast titled I’m Still Here hosted by Huffington Post’s Zeba Blay. It discusses cities where tragedies occur, the survivors, and how they move on afterward.
- George Colli is headed to New Heaven’s WTNH-TV as the lead investigative reporter. He was previously with Cox Media Group as the Washington correspondent. Prior to that, he spent three years as an investigative reporter at WVIT-TV.
- Indiana Lawyer welcomes their new managing editor, Rob Burgess. He previously spent five years as the city editor for Kokomo Tribune. Burgess has also reported for Ukiah Valley Television and NUVO Newsweekly.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.