CisionScoop at POLITICO Pro, Farewells at Buzzfeed & Men’s Health, and a Promotion at HuffPost
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Mohana Ravindranath has joined POLITICO Pro as a health reporter, focusing on healthcare regulation & policy and the healthcare industry. She joins POLITICO from Atlantic Media, where she was a staff correspondent. Prior to that, she was with The Washington Post as a business and IT reporter.
- Buzzfeed has said goodbye to business reporter Matthew Zeitlin. He was a reporter with Buzzfeed for over four years, and was previously a business reporter for Newsweek and The Daily Beast. Zeitlin has yet to announce his next position.
- The Sinclair Broadcast Group has named Matt Bowman as general manager of their new Bern, Greenville and Jacksonville, North Carolina market. The stations he has taken over include WCTI-TV (ABC) and WYDO-TV (FOX). Bowman has been with Sinclair for six years in multiple management positions. Before joining Sinclair, he was a sales manager for Bonten Media and Web Hearst Argyle.
- Brian Boye has departed from Men’s Health as their executive fashion and grooming director. Before moving to Men’s Health, Boye was the fashion director for Daily News Record, as well as the editor in chief for Beverly Hills 213 Magazine.
- HuffPost has named a new executive editor in Hillary Frey. She started her time with HuffPost as a consultant, and moved up to the director of editorial strategy position. Frey has previously held positions with Adweek, Yahoo! News and NBCNews.com.
- Human interest and features reporter, Sue Ontiveros, posted a farewell column signing off after two decades with the Chicago Sun-Times. During her time with the Sun-Times, Ontiveros has held positions as a copy editor, food editor and deputy features editor. She was a columnist at the paper for 21 years, and was with the paper for a total of 33 years.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.