CisionScoop at Reuters, Promotions at NYT and NBC, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Kate Duguid, columnist and production editor at Reuters, has moved from the Breakingviews team to cover financial markets, the U.S.Treasury, and global foreign exchange. This move comes after three years covering Breakingviews with Reuters.
- The New York Times has promoted Monica Drake to assistant managing editor. Previously a travel editor, she will now oversee digital features and special projects for the NYT website.
- After nearly eight years as a business reporter, Lisa Brown will assume the role of business editor at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch at the start of the New Year. Handing over the reins is Roland Klose, who has served as business editor for over four years; Klose will move into a new role as enterprise editor for digital and print.
- PBS NewsHour is getting a new White House correspondent. Currently a congressional reporter for The New York Times, Yamiche Alcindor will join the NewsHour team on Jan. 16. She has worn many different hats over the past two years at NYT, both at the New York and D.C. offices.
- Jeff Wachtel, currently chief content officer of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, has been picked as the new president of NBCUniversal International Studios in London. Watchel has been with NBCUniversal in the U.S. since 2013. Starting Jan. 1, he will oversee the network’s production company portfolio and manage content partnership and the development of new formats across the pond.
- Following Thomas Roberts’ departure from NBC News and MSNBC, David Gura has stepped in as a correspondent and anchor. He will take over the anchor desk for MSNBC Live on weekends, while also reporting on business and economics during the week.
- Teddy Davis, senior producer for CNN‘s Sunday morning program, “State of the Union,” is no longer with the company. He has been with CNN since 2015, and prior to that spent three years as deputy political director at ABC News.
- Restaurant Business Magazine has found a new executive editor in Jonathan Maze. Well-experienced in this coverage, Maze most recently served as senior staff writer for Nations Restaurant News for the past three years.
- Alonso Castillo has joined WZDC, the D.C. metro Telemundo affiliate, as its newest reporter. An Emmy-nominated reporter, Castillo covered politics for Telemundo in San Francisco for two years before moving to D.C. to freelance for the area’s Univision affiliate, WMDO in 2016. Now, he is back with Telemundo full-time, and will be covering a wide variety of topics as they pertain to the D.C. area.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.