CisionScoops at Axios & The Hollywood Reporter, Departures at Mashable, Addition at Politico
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: The Hill’s cybersecurity reporter Joe Uchill is headed to Axios in February, where he will continue covering the beat. Uchill has been with The Hill since 2016, and has previously covered cybersecurity and the privacy vertical for the now-defunct Passcode, The Christian Science Monitor’s privacy newsletter.
- CisionScoop: Katie Kilkenny has joined The Hollywood Reporter as the magazine’s newest associate editor. She comes from Pacific Standard Magazine, where she spent the last two years as the associate digital editor. Prior to that, she worked for The Atlantic as an editorial fellow.
- After 38 years at HBO, Sheila Nevins is exiting the network and her position as HBO documentary president in early 2018. During her tenure, Nevins was instrumental in the success of HBO’s original programming. She oversaw more than 1000 documentary films, 26 of which earned Academy Awards; she has also earned 32 Primetime Emmys, 35 News and Documentary Emmys and 42 George Foster Peabody Awards.
- Amid restructuring and new ownership, the following Mashable staffers have exited the outlet:
- Tina Amini, games editor since January 2017. She was previously deputy editor at Kotaku.
- Josh Dickey, entertainment editor since 2014. He has previously worked for The Wrap.com, TMZ and Variety.
- Nicole Herivou, content coordinator. She joined the staff as an intern in 2015.
- Keith Hopkin, video producer since 2015. He is also a freelance video editor and has previously worked for TargetSpot.
- Max Knoblauch, assistant humor editor for three years, who joined the outlet in 2013 as an intern.
- Tyler Schmall, contributor covering pop culture, politics, TV and cable programming since January 2017.
- Yvette Tan, viral content reporter since January 2017. She previously reported for BBC News.
- Lance Ulanoff, editor at large and chief correspondent since 2014. He was the editor in chief of Mashable between 2011 and 2014.
- Brett Williams, tech editor since 2016, who has moved on to Popular Mechanics and their Pop Mech Wire blog as Snapchat editor.
- Victoria Ho, Asia editor based in Singapore since 2015. She was previously senior editor for migme, and has also written for TechCrunch.
- Arek Sarkissian has joined POLITICO States in Tallahassee, Florida, as a reporter covering medical marijuana and gambling in the state. He was previously the Tallahassee bureau chief of the Naples Daily News since 2015, and has also reported for the Gainesville Sun, the Tallahassee Democrat and the Evansville Courier & Press, among others.
- Bloomberg has partnered with Twitter to launch the much anticipated TicToc by Bloomberg, a continuous news stream hosted on the social network. Lead by editorial director Mindy Massucci along with executive producer David Meyers, and overseen by Bloomberg’s global head of digital M.Scott Havens, the new entity is launched in hopes to become the first social news network in the world, featuring a mix of breaking news content pulled from Twitter and Bloomberg’s own live video reporting.
- Veteran anchor Stephen Clark has announced his retirement from WXYZ-TV, Detroit’s ABC affiliate. Clark will step down in late February after 16 years with the station. His career began in 1979 at KRDO-TV in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and has since reported for KCNC-TV in Denver, KGTV in San Diego and WCBS in New York.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.