CisionScoops at ELLE and IGN, Changes at NBC News Digital and E! News, a Departure at Tampa Bay Times
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: The recent senior market editor of Marie Claire, Alexis Wolfe, is now the accessories director for ELLE. She had been with Marie Claire since 2015 and was a freelance market editor beforehand.
- CisionScoop Laura Prudom has become the executive TV editor for IGN, effective Dec 18. She was previously the TV editor for Mashable, and prior to that served as news editor for Variety Online.
- NBC News will have a new senior Washington editor. Former Washington Post deputy national political editor Rebecca Sinderbrand is joining the network’s digital politics team. She had been with WaPo since 2014, and has also reported for Politico, CNN, Newsweek and AP.
- E! News says goodbye to Catt Sadler, who departed the show Dec. 19 after seven years. In addition to co-hosting the broadcast, Sadler also served as a host for several E! red carpet shows, as well as the Daily Pop and Daily 10 broadcasts. Prior to E!, she was an entertainment reporter for KBWB-TV and KNTV-TV.
- Longtime business columnist Robert Trigaux has left the Tampa Bay Times. He had been working on the business desk for 27 years, and served as business editor from 2005 to 2008. h/t Talking Biz News
- Cheddar welcomes a new senior reporter, Alex Heath. He will cover technology and the media industry, beginning this month. He was previously a tech reporter for the Business Insider.
- Jim Rich will be leaving his position as the executive editor of the Huffington Post. He had also served as editor in chief and executive editor of the Daily News since 2013.
- The morning anchor for Raleigh’s NBC affilate WRAL-TV is now Jeff Hogan, who has replaced Bill Leslie. Hogan previously spent almost 20 years as an anchor for WBNS-TV in Ohio.
- U.S. News & World Report loses Delece Smith-Barrow after four years of reporting on education for the outlet. She previously worked for The Washington Post digital and held a variety of positions, including web editor, innovations editor and producer.
- Laura Schocker will be the new editor in chief of Apartment Therapy, a home decor and lifestyle blog. Schocker will oversee the development of new verticals for the company. She was previously the digital director for Real Simple Online, and has also served as the executive editor and managing editor for the Healthy Living vertical of HuffPost.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.