Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Shaina Mishkin has left her position at The Republican Online/MassLive.com to join Money magazine as real estate writer. Mishkin spent three years at MassLive.com, most recently working as an entertainment producer for the website. She joined the staff in 2014 as a content intern.
- CisionScoop: The Chicago Tribune has promoted Joseph Hernandez to deputy food editor. He replaces Marissa Conrad who recently vacated the spot to pursue freelancing opportunities. In the past year, Hernandez has been a food reporter for the paper, and joined the staff in 2016. Prior to that, he spent three years at Wine Enthusiast magazine.
- After less than an year as digital director, Laura Schocker has left Real Simple Online, effective immediately. She was promoted to the position in January 2017 after spending three years as the website’s online executive editor. Prior to that, she worked in a variety of positions for HuffPost, including managing editor and executive editor for the Healthy Living vertical.
- The Washington Post has added two new staffers to its Video and Sports teams: Jon Gerberg has joined the paper as video journalist, effective Nov. 20. He spent the last two years at PBS NewsHour as foreign affairs producer and won a Peabody Award for his coverage of the refugee crisis in Europe. WaPo’s sports desk will welcome Samantha Pell Dec. 4 as the newest reporter covering high school sports. She was previously an intern for the paper.
- Former Sky News foreign affairs editor Sam Kiley has joined CNN as senior international correspondent. He is based out of the network’s Abu Dabi offices. Kiley is a veteran journalist with more than two decades of experience, and has worked for The Times of London, The Economist, BBC Two and Sky One, among others.
- Anupreeta Das has been promoted to deputy coverage chief at The Wall Street Journal, and will oversee corporate coverage for the Journal’s Corporate team. Das was most recently a reporter on the Money & Investing team at the paper. She joined WSJ in 2010, and has previously worked for Reuters and the Boston Globe. h/t Talking Biz News
- KSAT-TV, San Antonio’s ABC affiliate, has named Tim Gerber anchor of the weekend newscasts; he begins his duties the first weekend of December. Gerber has been with the station since 2004, when he joined the staff as a reporter and fill-in anchor. He most recently co-anchored the Sunday morning broadcast. Gerber replaces KSAT-TV’s longtime weekend anchor Charles Gonzalez, who signed off for the last time on Nov. 26.
- Ted Pigeon is no longer the editor in chief of Practical Neurology. He has left Bryn Mawr Communications after two years of directing print and digital content of the journal. Pigeon originally joined BMC in 2013 as managing editor and played an integral part in the launch of Modern Aesthetics magazine.
- Longtime president of Colorado Public Radio Max Wycisk has announced that he will retire on June 30, 2018. Wycisk has been with CPR for more than four decades and began his career at the station as an on-air announcer. He was named president in 1978.