CisionScoops at Vox and Eater, Additions at WSJ, Gizmodo & Cheddar, and Accessories Magazine Goes Digital
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Irene Noguchi has left KQED-FM to become an executive producer at Vox. She will be producing an upcoming daily news explainer podcast. Noguchi had been a producer for Forum at KQED-FM since 2012.
- CisionScoop: Eater has named Lesley B. Suter as its first travel editor. Prior to joining Eater, Suter was the long-time editor of the Dine section of Los Angeles Magazine.
- Elizabeth Winkler is joining The Wall Street Journal as the new Heard on the Street columnist. She comes from Quartz where she served as a breaking news reporter in Washington D.C. h/t Talking Biz News
- The Wall Street Journal has promoted Emily Gitter to editor overseeing the Weekend Business and Finance section. Gitter previously oversaw the Mansion special section. Before joining the outlet in 2005, she had stints at New York Magazine and the New York Sun.
- Rose Pastore has left Fast Company and joined Gizmodo as science editor. At Fast Company, Pastore was the assistant news editor. h/t Talking Biz News
- Meghan DeMaria is one of 34 staff members to be laid off from Refinery29. She had been an entertainment news writer and had been associate editor for digital Innovation.
- WGN-TV bids Mark Suppelsa farewell. He signed off from the Chicago station on December 8 after anchoring the evening news since 2008. Suppelsa began his career in 1984.
- Jim Roberts has begun his tenure as editor in chief at Cheddar, and will oversee the newsroom and editorial coverage. Roberts is a news veteran, having served as executive editor for Mashable and Reuters Digital. He also held several editorial positions at The New York Times.
- Business Insider has promoted Graham Rapier from intern to markets reporter. He will begin his full-time role on Jan 2. Rapier graduated from the New York University and began his internship with Business Insider in June. h/t Talking Biz News
- Accessories Magazine has published its last issue. In January, the outlet will be transitioning to an online-only format. Lauren Park will continue to oversee editorial operations as editor in chief.
- Mark Levin joins FOX News to host Life, Liberty & Levin. The new Sunday program will debut in February 2018. Levin currently leads the on-air content and direction of his self titled show “Mark Levin” on WABC-AM.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.